With the holidays over and summer here in full force, you may be looking for some active things to do in Perth this weekend to burn off some of those extra calories consumes over the holidays and Australia Day long weekend. Don’t worry – we have you covered with our top recommendations for active things to do in Perth this weekend.
- Go hiking through Bold park – If you haven’t been to Bold Park, now is definitely a great time to go check it out. This urban bushland covers 1080 acres in the suburb of City Beach. It is filled with a good mix of flat and hill trails perfect to run or walk on.
- Snorkel at Marmion Marine Park – Just North of Perth from Trigg Island to Burns beach lays Marmion Marine Park an ideal spot for snorkelling with its limestone reefs, ledges, caves and lagoons. This is a perfect spot for all levels of fitness to explore the marine life Perth has to offer.
- Go surfing at Scarborough Beach – Scarborough is one of Perth’s most popular beaches with plenty of café’s restaurants and a spectacular foreshore. There is a regular swell here with surf breaks and white sand. Grab your surfboard or body board and hit the water. It’s the perfect spot to watch the sunset too once you finish.
- Cycle along the West Coast Highway– We are privileged to be alongside some of the most beautiful beaches in the world overlooking the Indian Ocean. There is no shortage of km’s to cover along the West Coast Highway. Cycle along hills and beautiful views on a bike track that stretches from Fremantle through Trigg, North Beach and well past Hillarys Marina.
- Swim some laps at Scarborough Beach Pool – Scarborough Beach Pool is the perfect place to swim a few laps, situated in the heart of Scarborough this outdoor pool features magnificent views of the coast, 2 geothermally heated pools and room to relax and even grab a bite after.
The team here at Foundry Fitness encourages you to get outside and get active this weekend. See you soon at the gym.